MERIWETHER COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
OFFICE OF ASSESSMENT
SLO Post Assessments will be administered December 16, 2013 through December 20, 2013. SLO Post Assessments will be administered in all courses ending first semester.
The assessment program includes customized criterion-referenced tests at the
elementary, middle, and high school levels. These mandatory state assessments include the Criterion-Referenced Competency Test (CRCT), End-of-Course Tests (EOCT), Georgia High School Graduation Tests (GHSGT), Georgia Writing Assessment (GHSWT, 3rdGrade Writing Assessment, 5th Grade Writing Assessment, 8th Grade Writing Assessment) as well as:
· ACCESS for ELLs
· Georgia Alternative Assessments (GAA)
· Georgia Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills (GKIDS)
· Lexile Framework for Reading
· GRASP Testing (All Schools) - Test Areas of Reading Fluency, Reading Comprehension, Math Fluency, and Math Computation.
· MAP Testing (Greenville High School) October 7-11 (Fall Admin.) March 10-14 (Spring Admin.)
· Georgia Online Assessment System
· Grade-Level Benchmarks
· Student Learning Objective Assessments (SLOs)
· National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
· End of Pathway Assessments (CTAE)
· Advanced Placement Exams
· ACT, PSAT, SAT
· Any Georgia Department of Education Pilot Assessments
Georgia Department of Education—Testing and Assessment
For more information about testing in Meriwether County Schools, you may contact Dr. Summer Doucet, System Testing Coordinator, at 706-672-4297 Ext.118.
MERIWETHER COUNTY GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
4 credits English Language Arts
4 credits Mathematics
4 credits Science
4 credits Social Studies
1 credit in Health/PE
3 credits from Career Tech and/or Modern Language and or Fine Arts
4 additional electives
Total 24 credits
**Students planning to enter a four-year institution of higher education are required to have completed 2 units in one foreign language.