Jona Gibson, Administrative Assistant for Federal Programs
Debbie Cochran, District Parental Engagement Coordinator
Meriwether County School System benefits from many of the educational programs funded through the federal government. This funding allows MCSS to offer additional training, instruction, technology, and other critical services which are not provided for through state and local education funds.
Title I Funds are used to supplement schools / system budgets. Title I funds are not used to supplant (take the place of) local, state, or other federal funding.
For more information about these programs, please click one of the links below.
- Title I, Part A: Education for the Disadvantaged
- Title I, Part A: Parent Engagement
- Title II, Part A: Academic Improvement and Teacher Quality
- Title III, Part A: Language Instruction for English Learners and Immigrant Students
- Title X, Part C: McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
Please note that the policies and documents listed below are applicable to Meriwether County’s participation in Federal Programs.