The Meriwether County School District has established a site where parents/families can locate information regarding Title I plans and documentation along with resources to help students be academically successful. All schools in the district are School-wide Title I schools. This means that all parents/families of Meriwether County students have the right to be involved in the development and/or revision of district and school Title I documents.
Parents are encouraged to provide input/suggestions on programs/activities that would help their child be academically successful. Each school has a Parent Involvement Coordinator that they can contact for additional information or assistance.
Any concerns/questions, please contact Debbie Cochran, District Title I Parent and Family Engagement Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org -or- by calling the board office at 706-441-0601 ext. 1024
- Title I - Family Engagement in Meriwether County
- Resources for Parents and Families
- Become a Parent Leader
Family Engagement is an ongoing process that increases active participation, communication, and collaboration between parents, schools, and communities with the goal of educating the whole child to ensure student achievement and success.
Family Engagement means the participation of parents and family members in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including ensuring:
- That parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning.
- That parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education.
- That parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
- The carrying out of other activities, such as those described in Section 1116 of the ESSA.